Opened in November 2007 the Presidents of Lansdowne FC and Old Wesley RFC, Paddy Halpenny and Robert Deacon, made special mention of Frank Forrest, Tennant McConnell and John Lombard, in particular, for their work in bringing the project to fruition.
The complex, which replaces the ground the two clubs formerly shared at Kilgobbin, boasts three full-sized playing pitches (two of which are floodlit) six spacious dressing rooms, a medical room and catering accommodation as well as a fully-equipped gym.
The pitches are of the highest quality, professionally developed under the supervision of the IRFU's agronomist. The pitches have their own independent water sprinkler system should we ever enjoy a dry, hot summer!
Early visitors to the facility for matches in the Leddin Finance Senior championship were County Carlow and Blackrock College. The visitors and home players alike were deeply impressed by the playing facilities.
Fittingly, the clubs marked the opening with two J1 home victories, Lansdowne against Old Belvedere and Old Wesley against Greystones.
For a Downloadable PDF of Directions to Ballycorus click here or see Map below...
View Lansdowne FC Rugby in a larger map
Directions to Lansdowne Rugby Grounds in Ballycorus
1. Coming from the west or centre of Dublin
• Drive through Stepaside
• Take left turn at traffic lights in Kilternan at Ambrose Glass Motors onto Ballycorus Road
• Ground is on the right approx. 3/4 mile
2. Approaching city from Bray direction
• Turn left at Silver Tassie pub - signpost Rathmichael - just after the Loughlinstown roundabout
• After 1/2 mile stay right at fork
• Another ¾ mile, take right turn at T-junction
• Ground is approx. 1 mile on left hand side
Traffic coming from town or Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire will need to go to the Loughlinstown roundabout, and return towards the city, as there is no right turn off the dual carriageway in Loughlinstown